Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Pfaff Tiptronic 2030??

Stefanie_ | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I am in the market for a new machine, since I am still using a Kenmore that is over 25 years old!!! I think I fell in love with the Pfaff Tiptronic line, preferably the 2030 model. Does any one have this machine? How do you like it? I have a Pfaff Hobbylock serger, and love it.

What are your comments? I was told that Babylock 8800 is a comparable unit. And to stay away from Pfaff because of the merge with Viking. For fear that it will be costly to repair and hard to find parts.

I cannot find much literature expect for the little bit Pfaff displays on their website. I intend to use the machine for specialty garment construction, theater costume, and couture. I want to be able to use it for chiffon as well as leather. Is this the machine for me?

Replies

1. whitesew | | #1

I love my Pfaff's [I have three.] No doubt about it. I have sewed on probably hundreds of machines and Pfaff is the best.

I sew on all types of fabric just fine. I sew on leather daily. Pfaff is the only machine that I recommend for use with sewing leather because is has an even-feed/walking foot built in. [I also add teflon coating to the bottom of an extra presser foot and I use a leather needle.]

I like the exactness that I can get with the many features available. I love the 9mm stitch-width on my Pfaff's, but mostly I like the narrower edge of the side of the foot that the 9mm foot has. I rarely ever have to switch to a zipper foot like I would have to for some of the machines that have 'fat feet' with the capabilities of only a 5mm zig-zag.

For the specialty garments that I am making, all seam allowances are 1/2". I simply move the needle to the far left position for an exact 1/2" [from the needle to the edge of the foot] on all my seams.

Pfaff does have a teflon foot available for about $30., but the teflon has worn off the bottom of the foot very quickly and that foot only comes in a 7mm width. I found that for me a sheet of cut-to-size teflon with a adhesive backing works best for me.

Stephanie, I do not have a 2030 or any Tiptronic. I don't know if it has the features that I mention above. I suggest that you check stitch width and be sure that it has a walking foot.

I have NO affilation to Pfaff. I am only a satisfied customer. Happy Sewing to you. Paula

1. Dorothy_Bourdeau | | #2

*Stefani, I am wondering if you got the Tiptronic 2030 and if/how you like it? I just looked at one yesterday and although I didn't get to 'play' with it, I was on my lunch hour, it looked very nice. But it's hard to really pay attention in a busy store with a salesman 'yammering' at you! I know it's been almost a month since you first asked about it, so thought you might have made a decision. Thanks, Dorothy

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights