Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Re-grade 1958 size 10 Vogue

Harborcon | Posted in Patterns on

In the late 50’s, I made my slacks from a Vogue pattern that was seamed up the front and back of the leg (and inseam, of course), with darts at the side waist.  No waistband.  The pants leg dipped slightly in the back and was open about 1.5″ at the bottom of the seam down the front of the leg.  The front and back seams were topstitched to add detail.  I couldn’t believe my luck when I found the pattern at a garage sale, but the grading for a size 10 in 1958 is obviously way different than today’s 10.  My daughter graduated from SCAD (Savannah) with a degree in fashion, but they never offered this skill in the curriculum while she was there.  Does anyone know of a source either for re-grading this pattern, or to get old Vogue patterns?  I have written to Butterick and Vogue about it and never received any response.  This is the best fitting pants pattern I’ve ever seen and, because the seams are up the front and back of the leg, adjusting for large/small tummies/backsides is very easy.  Would appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Connie

Replies

1. evanthiaemig | | #1

Hi  Harborcon,

I am just new here.

I am a professional patternmaker and grader, also custom patternmaking.

I am sure I could help, I need to see the pattern first.

since I am a rookie to this type of forum,  how do we make this happen?

I don't think I could explain everything here in words.

evanthia

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights