Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Reverse Roman Blinds

Antoinette | Posted in Patterns on

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you could tell me how to make “bottom up” or “reversed” Roman Blinds?




  1. sueb | | #1

    I'm a little confused about what your asking for.  Are you saying you want the blinds to work from the top to the bottom?  Traditional roman shades work on a pulley system that allows you to pull them up from the bottom to the top.



    1. Antoinette | | #5

      Hi there, this is a different type of blind unlike the traditional one, the hardware would be attached (I presume) at the bottom of the window and pulled up. It's like an upside down roman blind.

      I know they exist because this site refers to them, and a pattern being available.



  2. ElonaM | | #2

    Check out this website. I think it has what you're referring to


    1. SEWSERIOU1 | | #3

      Great website and I have wanted to make this type blind also, but why in the world are they called "bottom-up" blinds?  They are NOT bottom-up as they lower from the top!  They rightly should be called top-down as that is how they work.

      1. Antoinette | | #4

        Hi there,

        No actually, there is a second type of Roman blind which goes from the bottom up, hence my question.



        1. SEWSERIOU1 | | #7

          I know, traditional Roman blinds pull up from the bottom to the top and the untraditional ones pull down from the top.  However, the website mentioned calls the blinds that pull down from the TOP 'bottom-up blinds'.  That is backwards. 

          Traditional blinds that pull up from the bottom would be bottom-up blinds and blinds that pull down from the top would be top-down blinds.

          1. CTI | | #8

            It is confusing terminology. Both pull up from the bottom, but on one variety that opens the blind and on the other it closes it.

          2. Jean | | #9

            WheW! Am I confused, or what!! ;-)

    2. Antoinette | | #6

      THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! That's exactly what I was looking for.

      Thanks again,


This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All


Shop the Store

View All
View More