Threads Logo Threads Logo Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon

Conversational Threads

sewing term

antrad | Posted in General Sewing Info on

Hello all,

Does anyone know the correct term for the technique where, for example, a double thickness yoke is joined to the body of a garment by inserting the single piece of material between the pieces of the yoke and then stitching through all thicknesses?

Thanks for any help



  1. Evamarie | | #1

    Hi Anne, I've shared your

    Response from Threads Executive Editor Judith Neukam: This is called the “burrito” method. The yoke pieces are positioned right sides together with the body of the garment rolled between them and the seam edges aligned. Both the front and back body pieces can be rolled and inserted in this way. You can also attach the sleeves in the same way and then turn everything right side out  through the open neckline.

    We hope this helps!

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Subscribe to Threads today

Save up to 37% and get a free gift


Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All


  • Sign up for the Threads eletter

    Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.

    Sign Up
  • SewStylish


    Take a look inside the pages of SewStylish Spring 2017.