Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Simplicity pattern 2342

Homesew | Posted in General Discussion on

Has anyone made up this pattern and were there any problems?  I have never made trouser before (I know shameful) and I like the idea of the side zip which will be more flattering but I wondered if the zip made the leg twist or pull?

Replies

1. Pattiann42 | | #1

Pleated Trouser

I have never changed the position of a zipper from front to side.   I am seeing the change making the pant look more like mom pants than stylish trousers

You could try a muslin to see how you like having this type of pant zip from the side.   You will have to fold away the placket for the fly if it is part of the front leg and not a separate pattern piece.

Otherwise, if you like the style and the pattern fits you well and not tight (as I see many wearing ) you should have a very stylish pair of trousers.

1. Homesew | | #2

Thanks for coming back, like many I feel that the front fly especially on jeans makes me feel bulgy in the abdomen.  I know that trousers with regular materials tend to give less of that appearance which was when I thought about moving the zip sideways.

As you say I will try a muslin and see what the result is.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights