Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Singer 9940

Sewdogsew | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I having been looking at a Singer 9940.  Anyone have any experience with this sewing machine?

Replies

1. Lovessewing | | #1

Yes, I've had a Singer 9940 for three years now.  It was a Christmas gift from my wonderful husband.  I've never had a problem with it (except silly user error) and I feel it's a good machine for its price range.  I sew with cotton, linen, silk, wool, rayon and polyester fabrics - I've never tried any of the heavier fabrics such as denim or gabardine, etc. so I can't tell you how it would react to those types of material.  One thing you might want to remember is to take along a bunch of the fabrics you like to sew with (to try out on the machine in the store).  Good luck with your purchase!

1. Sewdogsew | | #2

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't bought a new machine in thirty years and I have looked at a lot of sewing machines over the last few months trying to make a decision.  Everything I have heard about this one has been very positive. Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights