Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Somewhere In Time/ Titanic/1910’s

sandybarit | Posted in Patterns on

I am hoping some of you might be able;e to help me locate paterns that are historically correct for the the time from of 1910-1920.  I am looking to make a dress that is much like “the titanic dress” or even better yet the dresses worn by Jane Seymour in Somewhere in Time.  I would be forever grateful if you can help.  I have a few sources but I would like to see everything that is available before I actually begin.

Thanks

Sandy

Replies

1. mem | | #1

In the advertizing pages in Threads there is a pattern company which does these pattern and they have a very Titanic like dress . I dont have a copy with me but Im sure that its there most issues.

1. sandybarit | | #5

Thank you . I will check.

Sandy

1. sandybarit | | #6

Thank you , thank you , thank you.  It's just the site I was looking for.

SANDY

1. User avater
        ehBeth | | #7

http://www.longago.com/index.htmlthey've got some interesting things here, covering a number of time periods from the medieval to 1950's rock and roll

2. Teaf5 | | #3

When the movie came out, at least one of the major pattern companies had several Titanic dresses in the costume section; I think they are still in the catalogs and still available. At least two companies also have "patterns from history" or some other type of historical patterns in their catalogs, too. I'd look there first, as they're usually on sale every month so that you can mix and match for elements that you want in your final piece without spending a lot of money.

1. sandybarit | | #4

Thanks for you help. 

Sandy

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights