Threads Logo Threads Logo Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon

Conversational Threads

Tailor’s Blisters

jenholl | Posted in General Sewing Info on

I recently ran across a term in some old articles on tailoring called a “tailor’s blister.”   It’s used on notched collars when attaching the facing/upper collar to the under collar and helps to get lapels and collars on blazers to lay flat.   It seems like a useful concept, but I can’t find any reference to the term and so how to make one.  Is anyone familiar with a tailor’s blister and how to make one?


  1. lou19 | | #1

    Sorry I'm no good at pasting links-  but I did find a very detailed descripion when I googled "tailors blister"

  2. m_coates | | #2


    The Tailors blister is a term used when you are attaching the notched collar or a peaked lapel at a certain point of the construction process.

    The link below mentions exactly where the term is used. Its a PDF document so you can print this off for future refference

    Happy Sewing.


This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Subscribe to Threads today

Save up to 37% and get a free gift


Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All


  • Sign up for the Threads eletter

    Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.

    Sign Up
  • Bernina Sponsored Content

    Where to Buy

    Locate a BERNINA store in your area.

  • CraftStylish


    Expert craft tutorials, news, and tips for sewing, knitting, crochet, quilting, paper crafts, embroidery, jewelry making, and more!