Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

The black and white printed fabric on Butterick pattern 5672

noreL | Posted in Feedback on Threads on

After checking Mood’s online web sight, (many of the samples) does anyone know who sells this particular  fabric?-

(I would hopefully imagine it to be carried at local or most major fabric stores that sell the cooresponding patterns).

Or was this actually a  prototype for a photoshoot? I read on a  site they keep left over “swatches” and sell left overs of some   online.

I ordered the pattern from butterick.com but could not find any information about the  *fabric. I will double check with Mood.. Thanks for any hints. *It”s very cute for the dress!    

Replies

1. KharminJ | | #1

Black and White fabric

Hi, noreL, and Welcome ~

Just looked at the pattern (http://butterick.mccall.com/b5672-products-14744.php?page_id=424) and I agree - the fabric is perfect for the dress!

I'm not familiar with "Mood's" - and have been avoiding fabric stores (just like book shops - to protect my wallet!) lately, so have no suggestions for 'buying' the fabric ... BUT ... if you're feeling adventurous, you could probably re-create it, with white fabric and a black fabric paint (or permanent ink or dye) of some sort.

My fingers are imagining (based on the photo only, mind you) a full bodied rayon or cotton jersey or double-knit ("for moderate stretch knits only" according to the description), and a very thin and flexible dye or paint, using a "dry brush" technique. Experiment like crazy, first, of course!

Good hunting, in the meantime, or have fun with the paint!

Kharmin

2. lou19 | | #2

Yes, fabric is stunning.

Have not noticed this design in "sew today" magazine but it usually states on the suggested  fabric page where fabric can be bought or subsitute.

have you tried contacting butterick patterns?

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights