Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

thread won’t catch – Janome 6125QC

HelgaPataki | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Hi, the thread won’t catch to create any stitches when I sew.  It began when I had a clump of thread underneath the feeddog and I had to pull and cut it to remove it.  I adjusted my bobbin case and cleaned out all the lint.  I changed the needle.  there is is tiny silver plate on the bottom right hand corner that moves back and forth to hold the bobbin case in place.  Does anybody have an idea of what I can do to get my sewing machine to sew again? Thank you.

Replies

1. stillsuesew | | #1

Are you sure you hae the machine threaded properly?  It sounds like the timing is off.  If when you jammed the bobbin it was jolted pretty hard, that can throw off the timing so the bobbin point doesn't catch the thread.  You can check this by holding the end of the needle thread and turning the handwheel and watching to seee whether the bobbin point catches the thread and pulls it around the bobbin.   If it doen't catch the needle thread, the timing is off and you will have to have i repaired by someone who knows how to fix it.

1. HelgaPataki | | #2

thread doesn't catch, timing is off

Yes you are correct. 

The timing is off and my husband looked at it and fixed it.  you really imagined the pre-scenario accurately as well.  There was a major jam wne I had pull out a large clump of thread, then cut the fabric off from beneath the feed dog.  I was actually quite distraught because I have been known to me own mechanical fix it upper a lot but this time to no avail.   My husbnd is the rescuer that night.  The timing is off and he easily repaired the problem.  My reason for not bringing the machine in is because of service availability and I felt I had my share of disappointments and runarounds.  Thank you. 

2. Sancin | | #6

Are sure you hold both top and bottom threads when you begin to sew? 

2. HelgaPataki | | #3

sewing machine also household appliance

my husband did save me tons of $$$, but thinking deeply, a sewing machine is considered a household appliance as well. its really not a toy but a very useful appliance that benefits everyone.

3. losiadacz538 | | #4

timer

My machine is doing the same thing. How did your husband fix it?

1. Pattiann42 | | #5

Adjusting Sewing Machine Timing

Check the SEWUSA.com site for Repairs.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights