Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Threads Magazine 159

Pattiann42 | Posted in Quilting and Home Decor on

The CLOUSERS section features (in a round about way) a Fibonacci sequence quilt.   I would love to find author Janet Gilmore’s  tutorial for making a replica of the quilt featured in the article. 

Replies

1. amm | | #1

Fibonacci sequence quilt

I contacted the author, Janet Gilmore. She used the book "Strip Patchwork" by Valerie Campbell (Harding Dover Press, 1983). She said "The quilting possibilities are endless!"

You might also like to read more about the Fibonacci sequence in Threads magazine. We ran an article about how this principle applies to style.  "The Golden Rule of Proportions" in issue #141, pg. 37, explains the principle and gives some nice background information as well as explaining how it can be used to create perfect garment design proportions. Contact our customer service department if you don't have the issue (800-477-8727 9am-5pm ET Monday through Friday).

1. Pattiann42 | | #4

Fibonacci Sequence

Thank-you for finding this information.  I greatly appreciate your time and effort.

2. lou19 | | #2

There is a LOUISE MABBS book on fibonacci and quilting. Out of Print-  but you might be able to get a copy on line.

1. Pattiann42 | | #5

Fibonacci Sequence

Thank-you for the information.  I will certainly look for this publication.

3. lou19 | | #3

There is a LOUISE MABBS book on fibonacci and quilting. Out of Print-  but you might be able to get a copy on line.

4. jimmight | | #6

The license has to be activated for the plugin to work, yes. We'll generate you a license key for whatever address you're testing at, and when you're ready to go live we can switch that key over to work on the live domain.

5. User avater
    appoloty | | #7

Discount wedding dress store | shop| sales

why this forum for a long time did not come?

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights