Have been sewing for years and am really embarrassed to be SO stuck on this! I’ve also done some reading in your messages regarding this issue but have not found the answer. SO, here goes:
Using Vogue 9173 – Very easy, Hah! Making view A, vest opens in front and is sleeveless.
Directions say to
1. stitch fronts and back together at shoulders and
2. stitch fronts and back together at sides between squares and circles [about 2″ in the middle of the side]
3. stitch lining together in same manner as garment
4. “With right sides together, pin lining and garment together. Stitch lower, front opening, neck and armhole edges; stich side opening edges below circles. trim and clip seams”
5. “Turn to inside by pulling front sections through shoulders and both out one side opening in back”
WELL – I interpreted this to mean that one could sew the entire perimeter of the vest. When pulling the front through the shoulder, the back comes too and I’ve got one big mess that never comes right!
If anyone has this pattern, I’d truly appreciate assistance. Are these directions correct? Or have I interpreted something inaccurately!??