Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Vogue 1087

Ocrafty1 | Posted in Patterns on

I made up this pattern that was featured in Threads a couple of issues back. It made up beautifully in an inexpensive knit from JoAnne…after some major adjustments. It was the first time I really used a Vogue, and I didn’t realize how terribly small they run. I had to resize the pattern pieces before I could begin. It really was pretty easy to make, but I did stitch down several areas that were supposed to be just pressed into place. It made a perfect little black dress for New Years Eve. And just like the tester said…it shows every little lump and bump. DH told me I needed a Body shaper…not a smart thing to say on his part, as I only weigh 108 lbs! Sure put a damper on HIS night…although I had a Really good time…lots of compliments from all of his buddies….LOL!

Replies

1. lou19 | | #1

Very nice design. Lovely in black I,m sure.Would also look good long.

Wish I had the special occasion to wear the dresses.

However it will be my 50's birthday this year.......so I'm looking out for a "DRESS" pattern, I have 3 boys who will be 12, 10, and 6 so to keep family happy it will be at a countryside park so more garden party than evening wear.

I really loved a Givenhcy dress with huge fabric flowers probably now discontinued........also I have a large stash of evening dress pattern bought out just wishful thinking..........

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights