Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

What’s the 411 on Riri Zippers?

Merryll | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Carol, I suppose I should address this question to you:  In the latest Threads (March, 2005), I was fascinated by Judy Neukam’s article on Riri Zippers [“Tools of the Trade,” page 74]. I went to the website and they are gorgeous.  I’ve also, per her article, e-mailed my two favorite Bernina stores with no response. I also asked today at Banksville, and they haven’t seen or heard about them.  Is there any place local to Connecticut/New York City where I can actually go to see them?  In New York, perhaps?

Thanks,

Merryll

Replies

1. kjp | | #1

I, too would love to see them in person.  I tried to email the website for information, but didn't get anywhere.  However, I just got a "new products" email from The Sewing Place (http://www.thesewingplace.com) that they have started to carry them.  Unfortunately, the pictures aren't the best I've ever seen, but they have a lot of styles and good descriptions. 

1. Merryll | | #2

Thanks, kjp; that's a great resource.   I may just order one to see it firsthand, then go from there.  Can't believe it's so difficult to find this resource closer to home (NYC).

Merryll

1. kjp | | #3

Merryll -

I know what you mean!  I'm in central Jersey (though I don't shop in the city much!)  I am doing more and more of my fabric/notion shopping online.  So far, so good.  I think I'm going to do the same thing to see the zippers first hand.  Right now I'm working on warm - ups to wear for a new job.  Maybe I'll order a fun one for a jacker!

Karin

2. SewNancy | | #4

I went to Riris web site and the info at least about the zippers is good.  Then I sent an e-mail to which I got a prompt reply  that as soon as they had retailers that they would e mail me and then a few weeks later they sent me a list of retailers, but not the Sewing Place?

1. kjp | | #5

I think the Sewing Place just started carrying them in the past week or so.  I get emails from them of what's new.  I didn't have as good luck with getting information from riri.  They emailed me in reply to my request, but never emailed or sent me a list of retailers.  Did they have any in the NY NJ area?  I would love to see them.  I have a gorgeous sweater I knit last year that I didn't use buttonholes because I liked the way the model wore it.  Unfortunately, it needs something to keep it from rolling open.  The zipper I was looking at yesterday online is about $28.  Alot to spend sight unseen! 

Karin

1. SewNancy | | #6

No, there was no one in the NYC area, big disappointment and I too would like to actgually see one before ai buy!  All of the stores are on the west coast, including Alaska!  But nothing here in the metro area.  Actually, I asked for a list of retail stores, not mailorder.

nancy

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights