My worst sewing disaster happened quite afew years ago. A good friend had asked me to make her wedding dress for her. She wanted her dress to look a certain way and couldn’t find what she wanted in the stores. I made the dress out of white bridal satin with scalloped lace hand sewn to the bodice, skirt & the train. I made 52 satin covered buttons to match. I finished the dress 2 months before her wedding date.
I was sitting in the church waiting for my friend to walk down the aisle and then I saw her and the dress. My heart dropped to the floor. She had gained quite abit of weight. The dress was so tight that the satin was stretched to its limits. Instead of flowing, it looked like she was poured into it. She still had a nice wedding though.