The inspiration for this dress came from a picture my daughter found on the internet. The bodice fabric is a microfiber print I pin-tucked to texturize using a double needle. The skirt is satin and the embellishment is embroidery designs from the Martha Pullen Dar Museum collection with a few crystal beads added for sparkle. I hand-drafted a Moulage/Muslin based on the measurements of my daughter for the foundation of this gown to which I draped the various pieces of pin-tucked fabric to create the bodice. I cut two different size squares of satin removing a circle from the middle of the square to create the layers of skirting with the points. I hemmed, gathered and also attached each layer to the muslin. I hand-stitched the bodice over the gathered edge of the ruffled skirt for a nice clean finish. I used a busk for the closure in the back. The embroidery was done on black silk organza with dissolvable stabilizer, trimmed out, beaded and hand stitched in place for embellishment. I lined the dress with a crepe de chine to finish the gown.