It’s all madness in here!
I used patterns M6143 for the mad hatter and the rabbit’s clothes. For the rabbit I used fleece for the head and I sewed wire into the ears (M6016) to hold them up. I used a waste paper basket to help shape the mad hatter’s hat and peltex to hold it up inside. Alice was simple using M4948 with minor modifications – add shoulder ruffle, reduce puff in sleeve. The catperillar was made using a scrub pants pattern with royal blue velour. I used a tee shirt pattern and made extra arms, stuffed them with batting and hand sewed them on. I used 8lb clear beading thread to attach the arms together at the wrists. The head piece was leftover fabric I tied on like a towel after a shower and pinned it down. The hookah was a table holiday ornament. I glued a tie back cord from the drapery section for the tube. The queen’s dress was made mostly from velvet using a snow white dress pattern. I lengthened the sleeves, took out the poof in the sleeve, and cornered the collar. The black and yellow pattern on the skirt was just pinned down by hand until it looked good and sewn (that was the hardest part). My crown is a clear plastic cup. I cut points, painted it gold, cut slits on the bottom and bobby pinned it on.
Log in or create an account to post a comment.Sign up Log in