My girls wanted to be dolls for Halloween this year and we found Simplicity 1300 that looked like it would be perfect. Using patters is always a challenge with fitting my daughters because their bust measurements are much larger in relation to the rest of them. The dresses are made from quilting cotten, lining, and various types of lace. I did have to alter the pattern slightly to make the length and neckline high school appropriate. I do believe the biggest challenge was the gathering. So many pieces had to be gathered and attached. My girls loved their costumes which made all of it worth it!
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.