Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Marci Tilton Vogue 8088

Wildirishtoo | Posted in Patterns on

In the recent July 05 issue of Threads article, “The Best New Styles”, the line drawing for Marci Tilton’s Vogue pattern 8088 is different than the actual Vogue pattern.  I know Vogue often changes a designer’s pattern, but I like the sleeve, collar and v-back option shown in Threads better than the real thing.  Was the pattern number incorrect, or was the style changed?  Thanks!

Replies

1. Elisabeth | | #1

It really is different, isn't it? That reminds me that I bought a pattern based on an earlier Threads new style review. After I had cut out and started sewing the jacket, the Maia by La Fred, I realized the nasty corner L seam right at the pocket had been drawn as a pleasant (and more sensible) T into a princess seam in the Threads article. I could have changed it, of course, but that is not the point. Now I will definitely be extra sure to double check all the features and details of any pattern the reviews might inspire me to buy. What a bore to not be able to have what you see and like in the supposed Vogue jacket.

1. Alexandra | | #2

Thanks for the heads up on this.  Would be nice if Threads mentioned this in the article.

2. carolfresia | | #3

Hi, Lynda,

I spoke with Jennifer Sauer, who edits the Pattern Review articles. She tells me that the pattern is the same. The difference is in the way it's been drawn in the two schematics. Vogue shows the garment as it would be if it were lying flat, spread out on a table. The Threads drawing, which appears to have V-shaped seam details and a shaped back hem, shows the garment as it would hang when worn on the body. That is, the hem is cut and sewn straight across, as shown by Vogue, but due to the overall ease and shaping of the garment, when it's worn, the hem will hang a little higher at center back, and the side seams will tend to slant toward the back as well.

I hope that helps!

Carol

1. Alexandra | | #4

Thanks Carol.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights