Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

1244 Vogue Koos van den Akker pattern. Patchwork skirt and belt.

lou19 | Posted in Patterns on

Has anyone made this? I love this patchwork skirt and belt.

I started collecting prints now thinking ablout a collection of muted blues……….just would like to see more versions of this pattern made up. Or any other patterns by the same designer.

No reviews on pattern review to date.

Replies

1. decoratrice | | #1

I havenn't made this one, but have made several others of his, and loved them all.  The "balloon" skirt always gets raves.  The main thing is that all your fabrics have about the same drape.  You may need to underline some.  Good luck!

1. lou19 | | #2

Thank you for kind comments and suggestions. Great to "meet" another Koos fan!

I have just bougth the book "Koos couture collage , inspiration & techniques" and was interested to note some of them are much more subdued than the vogue pattern illustrations. (blacks and greys or all greens etc)

I love the vogue patterns but the patchwork colours are too wild for me.

I have had a bad hip for a while but recently had a hip replacement,  I have  used to  "standing out" because disability, now would like to stand out for looking beautifully dressed!

1. decoratrice | | #3

Congratulations on your new hip!  IIf you search for Koos on ebay, you will get a pretty good look at lots of garments.  Most of them seem to be form the Koos of Course line, which was his mass market line for QVC--don't know if it's still going.  I make up my own combinations, from almost monotone to wild and crazy.  Anything goes!

2. lou19 | | #4

My thanks to Decoratrice and KharminJ for kind comments. Great to find posts here  read and answered.

My new hip feels great! And without the constant pain i had before I have more energy for sewing!!!!!!!!!!

So many lovely new patterns to sew. I've been treating myself buying fabric and patterns.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights