Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

FOLKWEAR PATTERN #504 AFTERNOON DRESS

Maura_Jane_O'Brien | Posted in The Archives on

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME?????? I’M TRYING TO FIND FOLKWEAR PATTERN # 504 AFTERNOON DRESS WHICH WAS AN ADAPTATIONS FROM THE COSTUME INSTITUTE AT THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!

THANK YOU-
MAURA JANE [email protected]

Replies

1. MEAN_CHEF | | #1

You might want to try this place. I get many of my historic patterns there.

Amazon Drygoods (Vinegar & Pickling Works)
    2218 E. 11th St., Davenport, IA 52803-3760, (319) 322-6800; (800) 798-7979 (orders ONLY--and only from the US); fax: (319) 322-4003. General catalog ($5/each?); historical patterns catalog ($7/each); shoes and footwear catalog ($3/each) of shoes from the 1800's and early 1900's...This is "the mailing list to be on". Historical patterns selected from Folkwear, Period Patterns, early western, victorian, hoop-gown era, Past Patterns, Attic Copies (1920's to 40's), Prairie Clothing, Amish, kilts, ethnic and dance. Prices are somewhat reasonable (you can buy a lace parasol for $15 and an old-fashioned pattern for $8, but for those of you who truly want modesty and old-fashioned values, this catalog is a real find!)

1. ruth_lively | | #2

*Maura Jane,Taunton sold Folkwear several years ago. A company in the south owns it now. Can't remember the name, but you could e-mail Threads magazine from their website and ask.

1. Chris_Knoblock | | #3

*Folkwear Patterns are now owned by Larkbooks and can be found at larkbooks.com

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights