This was actually made last year for the linen contest but never could get the pictures to post. Using brown as basic and coordinating colors of linen I redesigned a simplicity pattern. On the neckline I added layers ofruffle that had been torn for a frayed edge look.I used cream on the bottom and cut circles of the different colors. Using my embroidery machine I resized a basic scroll design in three sizes. Once the embroidery was done I frayed the round edges to match the neckline. I then ruched a long strip and wound it to make a large rosette. I had a funky chunky button I put in the middle and it added the finishing touch. It is a great dress hanging loose or with a belt.
Posted on Jun 2nd, 2010 in sewing, design, fabric, embroidery, reader's closet, getting the look, sewing machine, art-to-wear, fibers, edge, commercial patterns, collar, embroidery machines