This is another project that I recently finished. I had the pleasure of competing in a contest on the Everything Sewing site and it involved a round robin of the worst fabric in your stash. It had to be two yards and you could do anything with it. Entrants did everything from tablescapes to heirloom clothing.
When I got this fabric I thought, oh my, what a clown suit this will make! My plan was to ignore the fabric and smock the heck out of it with white floss. I think they call that “Denial”. After giving it some thought I came up with this option. I had been wanting to use ric rac in a project for some time and like how this worked out. My daughter calls this “Sophie’s clown dress.”
By the way, I came in second. The first place was an exquisitely smocked dress in variegated threads, just gorgeous. I also got the “booby” prize for sending the worst fabric. You don’t want to know….
Edited 4/14/2007 7:47 pm ET by solosmocker