Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Kenmore model 16644 review

doodles | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Hello,

I am new to the site and I am looking at purchasing a used Kenmore model 16644.

I purchased a used Kenmore a couple of years ago and love it.  The maker of the model I bought is Janome and I have heard nothing but good things.  Does anyone know if this model is by Janome also?

Replies

1. midnitesewer | | #1

I'm not an expert, but I've read that the prefix "385." in front of the model number means that the machine was made by Janome. Try to find out the complete model number. It should have a prefix before "16644". You may be able to find a review of this machine at http://www.sewing.patternreview.com . I have two Janome made Kenmores and am happy with them. They are my travel and teaching machines. My Pfaffs stay home. Good luck.

2. hermosa | | #2

I believe Kenmore is a Sears Roebuck product. Contact a store in your city and ask them.

1. Pattiann42 | | #3

It's just Sears......Roebuck has left the building!

1. hermosa | | #4

Does that date me or what? Old habits die hard, just like the Maytag man. In my area we have Sears and then they merged or bought Kmart, don't remember, but we still shop at Sears. Thanks

2. Ralphetta | | #5

Actually, I just got a new appliance and noticed the manual said Sears, Roebuck.  I, too, thought that Roebuck was gone.

1. Pattiann42 | | #6

Go figure! 

My husband swears by Sears.  He likes to do his own repairs and likes the idea of getting parts without a hassle.  The atmosphere does vary from store to store.  I have found knowledgeable staff and out-to-lunch staff. 

Getting back to the original question.  Is this a serger?  I found a reference to this model number, but was confused as to whether it was a Kenmore or a White.  I googled Kenmore 16644 for the site.

3. got2bjennyg | | #7

That Kenmore 16644 serger is macde by Janome.  It is a discontinued model similar to the Janome 634D. it was then replaced by the 16655, and that one is being discontinued and replaced with a less featured, basci 3/4 thread model that is less expensive.

Jennyg 

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights