Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Buttonholes on Pfaff 7530

tjem123 | Posted in General Discussion on

Greetings, all!

Do you have techniques that you use to get great buttonholes when you’re sewing close to a seam?

I use a Pfaff 7530. When I have to make buttonholes that are close to a seam, I end up with these kinds of problems:

• missed stitches
  • uneven start and end points

I’ve tried various techniques and combinations of features. The buttonholes look best when I use:

• the 5A foot without the accompanying buttonhole guide (that plugs into the back of the arm).
  • semi-automatic buttonhole feature
  • decreasing the balance for the return side of the buttonhole (the left) to -2.

This combination offers great results when I’m sewing on flat fabric. But, if there is a seam close by, the stitches are still not perfectly spaced.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions or techniques that you’ve used and that have worked for you!

Many thanks!

Replies

1. Stitchwitch | | #1

Dear tjem,

I have bad news for you.  I owned the top-of-the-range Pfaff Performance 2054.  I had it for 7 moth and last week I went and bought the Bernina Vituosa 155.  I just could not sew with the Pfaff anymore, it gave me constant tension problmes, and yes the buttonhole are just disgusting.  I also kept on cutting the bars of the buttonhole, as they are sewn too close by the Pfaff.  The only thingsI did find helped it bit was the following:

Use the sensormatic foot as far as possinle, it produces the best buttonhole. The manual buttonholes, are an even bigger disaster.

Secondly, cut it open with a chisel, and finally use embroidery thread in your needle.

My advise to you, is buy a Bernina.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights