Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

clothsetter Janome 11000 yes or no

Ringo4 | Posted in General Discussion on

I would like to purchase an extension table for my 11000, but I have thought about the clothsetter also.  Janome has a clothsetter that is also an extension table.  Does anyone have either the clothsetter or the clothsetter extension table?  Do you feel that it was a good investment?  Are there any drawbacks to the combo of the table and clothsetter?

Thanks for any response and help.

Replies

1. Tottie | | #1

So you have the Janome 11000, how do you like it?  I was told that it is easier to learn than the Pfaff Creative Vision Sewing Machine that I have.  Did you find it hard to use and did you have classes from your dealer?  Also, how long have you had the 11000 and what do you like or dislike about it?  Thanks for your input.

1. Ringo4 | | #2

Tottie:  I had the tol Pfaff that was sold before the Creative Vision.  I had problems with the the dealer,  the machine, trying to learn the machine and get it fixed.   Nothing with the experience was fun. The dealer had just started selling the Pfaff.  She had sold Bernina for years and took on Pfaff also.  Between surgery on my shoulder and the death of my father-in-law at the same time, I was not able to use my machine for about a year until my mother-in-law also passed away.  When I tried to get back to sewing and embroidery, the problems with the machine and dealer  were still there and just made it impossible.  Almost every person that I asked about the brand of machine that they had said Janome.  When I looked at the Janome, the wide bed was the one thing that sold me. 

The dealer had just quit selling Brother so he was new to Janome, but Janome was all that he sold.  His sister store sold Janome and Pfaff.   I traded my Pfaff for the 11000. It does not have all of the features of the Pfaff, but its ease of use makes up for that.  I had never embroidered before my Pfaff.  Since I got the Janome, I have done more embroidery and had fun doing it.  The Janome dealer is not overly enthusiastic about doing classes, but will help me.  But honestly, as long as you know embroidery basics which is all I knew, the Janome is very user friendly.

By the way the dealer that sold me my Pfaff just quit selling them. 

Blessings, Ringo4

1. Tottie | | #3

Ringo4:  Thanks for the info about Pfaff and Janome.  My CV is in the hospital now and when I get it back, I will have to make up my mind about whether to keep it and try to get lessons, or trade it in on a Janome 11000.  The dealer that sent it to the factory wants me to trade it in for the Janome.  After spending that much money on the CV, I can't see myself losing that much money. 

I like many features of the Pfaff CV, but the problems are heart breaking.  I bought a new machine to enjoy and create, but this one is making me nervous and very grippy.  The dealer that I bought if from is total jerk and a liar and hasn't done anything for me.  She is no longer on the Pfaff Dealer List, so I don't know if she's a dealer or not.  I've had the machine for 9 months now and had one, "so called" class" - none on the embroidery part at all.  I look forward to getting it back from the factory.  By the way, they only tell you you have to get along with your dealer - so they are no help at all.  I don't understand how they can continue to completely ignore the sewers who buy their machines, and not demand their dealers to give classes and take care of their customers.

Edited 9/23/2008 6:13 pm ET by Tottie

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights