Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Fabric for Simplicity 2703

Happi | Posted in Fabric and Trim on

Does anybody has idea WHERE TO BUY FABRIC for beautiful dress from Simplicity pattern 2703? I really like the fabric from the envelope, but similar would be great to. Thanks for help. Happi

Replies

1. starzoe | | #1

There is such a long list of appropriate fabrics on the pattern envelope, it shouldn't be difficult to find something you like. I wouldn't make it of a crisp cotton, not with all those pleats and gathers.

1. Happi | | #2

I know about list on the envelope. I move from Europe and have no idea WHERE on Internet buy fabrics. Do you have some favorite online stores??? Thanks.

1. starzoe | | #3

There are others here who buy on the internet, but I never have - I like to fondle the fabric.

2. kbalinski | | #5

Here's a list compiled by Threads Magazine, with links built into each store's website.  It's a great resource, and I highly recommend bookmarking it!

Online Fabric Shopping

One more tip... when you contact these stores, you should reference your pattern and number, so the person helping you knows exactly what you're trying to achieve.

Good Luck!

3. woodruff | | #7

Our town is essentially without fabric stores, and to get to the nearest Joann's, I must drive 45 miles. As you might guess, I buy a LOT of things on the internet.My favorite sources include these:emmaonesock.com whose fabrics are a bit pricey but look exactly the way her pictures and words describe them.fabric.com has a good array of quite nice fabrics at reasonable prices.michaelsfabrics.com has high quality fabrics often at great prices. Their service is superb.http://www.textilestudiopatterns.com is an excellent source, also.I use these dealers often,and have never been disappointed with them.

Edited 1/18/2009 9:38 pm by woodruff

2. fabricholic | | #4

I love the dress, also. To me, it looks like a knit. Have you looked at Fashion Fabrics Club or Manhattan Fabrics?Marcy

1. Happi | | #6

I will look there, thank you. I really like that fabric design. I found some fabrics for Vogue Patterns on http://www.voguefabricsstore.com, I mean same fabric they used for model on the envelope (didn't buy yet). So I thought maybe I could fined same fabric they used for that Simplicity pattern. I usually like to be original, but this fabric has fresh pattern! I would love to have it.

3. Teaf5 | | #8

That's a Threads pattern for Simplicity; why don't you try contacting the magazine editors--perhaps on the main website?  They've always been excellent about responding to reader requests and questions.

In most American fabric stores, that fabric would be in the Silkies or Special Occasion fabrics and would be called a "graphic print."  The black/white/red graphic prints have been very popular for spring collections, so stores should be receiving lots of them soon.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights