Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Free Package of used Dritz Tracing Paper

lovepaisley | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I have a package of Scovill/Dritz Tracing Paper–all or almost all previously used. It’s yours if you want it. I’ll just send it to you. Last night I cleaned out a drawer in my sewing cabinet, and rather than just toss it, I thought someone might want it.



  1. lolabe | | #1

    I would love it! You may email me at [email protected] and I will reply with my address information. Thanks for the extra stuff!L

  2. JanF | | #2

    This sounds like a good offer - pity i have no idea what you are referring to! Obviously, as i live in UK I am not asking for your "stash"(this seems to be what u Americans call the stuff u buy - and dont use up - my husband calls it my "non- moveable rubbish" when he's fed up with the workroom/office!)
    Just out of interest - what is so good about this paper? Am I missing something which would help me buy good quality tracing paper that can be recycled in school?)

    1. user-51823 | | #3

      now i'm curious- do you use tracing paper in the uk? if so can you describe it? i would have thought it was a universal product, very handy for transfering marks like pivot points, buttins, etc.
      dritz tracing paper is similar to a mewsprint and coated on one side with ####color; slightly waxy but not greasy and never creates problems on fabric. it transfers to fabric easily with a tracing wheel. mine is packed away right now but i'm guessing it's about 8" wide and 24" long, folded in half to 8 X 12-ish size to transfer to both peices of fabric in one tracing. sorry if this is idiotically basic, perhaps i didn't understand the question :-)
      i am really curious how it differs from the product you'd use?

      1. JanF | | #4

        Its the same as we have here - just a different trade name!
        Usually I buy it in packs of varying colours and as a square sheet.
        Shucks I thought there might be a new product on the block!

    2. lovepaisley | | #5


      The tracing paper is waxed heavily on one side and used to mark patterns for dart placements, etc.  I don't use it any more, but many sewers still prefer it for accuracy.

      The markings are made by a disc tool which rolls along pattern lines and leaves a wax mark.

      I've sent the package to the first person who asked for it.

      Blue Skies.


      1. JanF | | #6

        Thanks for your reply - I realise its the same as we have over here - just a different trade name!
        Full marks for recycling ( I recycle fabric etc by doing something or other with it - but I'm still reluctant to just give away unless I take it to school). This is where i take all old magazines and fabric which I suddenly have a "light dawning" moment of clarity about, and realise I'm never going to use that piece of fabric which i spotted in the year dot and kept cos it will be useful or just what i might need!!
        This must be the curse of all sewers!
        B in touch Jan

    3. User avater
      blondie2sew | | #7

      "non- moveable rubbish" ( I can use this when I ask my daughters to clean their room!! Just perfect)I love it!! I just might have to adopt that saying! Of course we can put in in prettier terms when we refer to our wonderful monuments of fabric, like "non-moveable color" hmm that just came off the top of my head. I will have think on that!!Thanks for the smile!!Connie

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All