Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Janome 1600P

lexusgirl | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I am having problems with my Janome 1600P machine.  I’ve only used it for a few hours, although I’ve had it a year.  I bought it at the same time as my Grace Quilter Professional.  It keeps breaking the thread.  I took it back to the dealer and he said he filed a burr off the hook.  Took it home set it up and once I have quilted for approximately 20 minutes, thread started breaking again.  Think it’s the tension.  Repair person just adjusted that, too.  Anyone else having problems with this machine?

Replies

1. tmorris1 | | #1

Lexusgirl;Firstly,I have always had trouble with side load bobbins, I find that it is very hard to get the bobbin tension correct. Having said that, there are a couple of things that you may want to try...1) I would talk to your dealer again, quickly if the machine is still under warranty. 2)There is a "troubleshooting" section in your janome manual, have you consulted this, and followed their tips? 3)Lastly, http://www.janome.com has a forum, a Question and Answer section, and a customer service link. One of these may be of some help to you.Hope this helpsT.

1. lexusgirl | | #2

Thanks, T.

I've had the machine back to the shop where purchased.  They declared it OK.  I purchased the 1600, the Grace Pro quilting frame with the speed control, and the Quilters Cruise control all at the same time.  I am only using the machine on the quilt frame.  (Well,  I'm trying to)

Through the course of a few weeks and the process of elimination, it appears to me that the problem is in some way connected to the Cruise Control unit.  We are still working on it with my dealer.  My husband and I have done a lot of research on the internet, but haven't found anyone who has encountered this problem.  I've emailed the manufactures of the products, but haven't yet heard back from them.  My dealer (from  whom I've purchased many machines and accessories) does not seem to be willing to do much research.  So, next step is I will take the machine with my cruise control to the dealer and have them put it on their quilter and experience it for themselves.  Hubby thinks it could be in the timing of the machine.

My dealer did indicate she had another customer who had problems and who went ahead and purchased the newly released Grace cruise control.  She hasn't offered me any deal of that as of now.  I will want to try that on my machine as well before I spend another $500!

In the meantime, I'm suffering from non-quilting withdrawal!  Thanks for responding to me.

Lexusgirl

1. tmorris1 | | #3

Lexusgirl;You are most welcome. I looks like you have the issue well in hand, and your dealer seems to be a very good one. I am sure that you will get it all figured out soon. I do suggest that if you need to change the machine all together that you try for one with a top load bobbin though, they are a lot less hassle.T.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights