Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Janome MC4800 Info Needed

wendyross | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Am considering purchasing a Janome MC4800 at a considerable discount. Does anyone have any opinions, experience, comparisons regarding this machine? I currently sew with a very basic Necchi and it “does the job” but the basic straight stitch and zigzag are not enough. I have researched various comparison charts but have not found any with this particular machine listed.

Thanks for your help.

Wendy Ross

Replies

1. joress | | #1

I had always heard wonderful things about Janome--reliable, excellent stitches, nice features for the price. I bought a Janome 3000 and loved it enough to trade up to the 4800 within a month. I love the options of all of the stitches and it's so easy to use. I do recommend reading the manual several times. Every time I read it, I get a new tip on using my machine to the fullest. It has more features than the newer 6000-series QC machines. The 4800 seems to be the same machine as the Kenmore that was highly rated by Consumer Reports and that everyone seems to love--and was made by, you know it, Janome. You will love the 4800!

1. wendyross | | #2

Thank you for your quick response! And thank you for the information. I am pretty sure I am making the purchase this week.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights