Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Kenmore 19157 – Any reviews or input?

pebblesjr | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Hello all! I am writing to see if anyone owns a Kenmore 19157 or has read any reviews on it?

I read about it in the comparison guide and I am interested in purchasing one. I do Craft and Home Dec sewing, often with upholstery fabric. My little Simplicity is having trouble with the thick fabric. The Kenmore machine appeals to me because I would like to be able to embroider names on things.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

1. ISISI1 | | #1

I have had my Kenmore 19157 for one week now. I decided to get it because of the article in Threads. It had the most options for the money. I love everything about it. All Kenmores are made by Janome and I have had a New Home (Janome) for the last twenty five years. I never had it serviced and never had any problems with it. When I heard the Kenmore was made by Janome, my decision was made. I was also looking at the White 2099, but nobody had one for me to test drive. I went to Sears and tried it out and have been sewing every minute since. I have made 2 pairs of pants, three shirts, a denim dress, and repaired a few things. This machine performs way beyond my expectations. I have used some of the decorative stitches, but don't really know what I am going to use them for yet. I write my name a lot, the machine has two different alphabets, block and script, though the size can't be changed. I would recommend this machine to anyone who sews a lot. Happy Sewing!   Cathi (The Queen of EVERYTHING!)

1. carolfresia | | #2

Cathi, I'm delighted that you found a sewing machine that really suits your needs and budget. I liked testing that Kenmore--for the price I honestly didn't expect a lot, but was pleasantly surprised by how well the machine ran and by its features. It sounds as if you've really taken off with it, which is what it's all about, isn't it? Enjoy!

Carol

1. ISISI1 | | #3

It sure is what it's about. I have been sewing with my old machine so long I didn't realize there would be such a difference. I didn't test drive any other machines, just the kenmore. I really intended to, but just made my mind up right then and there. I am sewing so much that I have given myself the worst neck ache! Today I finished the denim dress and made two t-shirts. Who knows what I will do tomorrow?! Happy Sewing! Cathi(The Queen of EVERYTHING!)

2. ckiezulas | | #4

Can you tell me how you purchased your Kenmore 19157?  The Sears near me doesn't have this machine, and has no information on it.  I also can't find any information on Kenmore's web site.

1. ISISI1 | | #5

I got mine at the local sears store. You can go to http://www.sears.com and enter 19157 in the search bar and it will go right to the machine. You can purchase it online at that site. Good luck!

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights