Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

parachute clasp for a messenger bag

pghreader | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on


I’m making a messenger bag, but I’m having a hard time finding a parachute clasp large enough for the strap I want (2.5 inches).  I found a 2″ one at Joann’s, but I tried it and the strap looks a little small for the bag. 

Does anyone know where to find a large selection of them?  Or another name for them (they’re the plastic clasps you squeeze to open and you can pull on the strap to adjust the length – I didn’t know they were called parachute clasps until I got to Joann’s yesterday) that I can search under?




  1. MaryinColorado | | #1

    I have found some great purse hardware at the Army Navy Surplus stores.  Also you might try Michaels or Hobby Lobby.  Mary

    1. pghreader | | #2

      Thank you, I hadn't thought of the Army Navy store.  Good idea!

  2. jkimes | | #3

    HI ther,

    I used to make these bags in college and found all my hardware at REI. It's been a REALLY long time, but it might be worth checking.

    Good luck!


This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All