Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Sears Kenmore Model #2142

Hat | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

This may be an impossible dream but I think it’s worth a shot.  Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual for an old Sears Kenmore sewing machine Model #2142?  I’ve had the machine since the early 60s and it still is a dream to use.  My 10 year old grandaughter is learning to sew on it but, you guessed it, the manual is nowhere to be found.  Sears informs us that it is no longer available.  Does anyone have any idea where I can find one, or have one I could copy?

Replies

1. kayl | | #1

Can Sears tell you who made the machine for them? Kenmores are generally rebranded other manufacturer's machines, sometimes with some
    slight differences. So if they can tell you that this model is
    a twin of BrandXYZ's model #nnn, you may have more luck.

1. Hat | | #3

thanks for the good advise.  Fortunately my daughter called last nite to tell me that she found the book. Hope you have a great holiday! 

2. GinnaS | | #2

Before the 1950's Kenmores were made by White.  From the 1950's to 1977 Kenmores were made by Soryu.

HTH.

Ginna

1. Hat | | #4

Thanks for the information.  The book has turned up after many searches.  My daughter says that (almost as good as finding it) at least she has organized her sewing supplies in a better way.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights