Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

sewing notion help for simplicity #5055

jodfur | Posted in General Discussion on

hello to all the female home seamstresses, i’m having a problem finding a sewing notion for simplicity pattern #5055 this is a blouse pattern which has the front and back joined by rings at the shoulders, the notion required are 2  1 1/4 inch  clear rings.( suitable for crafts and apparel) the problem  is i’ve searched in my local fabic mart, as well as all the online links mentioned on the pattern as well as the simplicity site favorite links but no one seems to have this notion?, the only website i’ve seen with any rings for apparrel is sew sassy  and they don’t have 1 1/4 in widths because there’s are for bras! if any one out threre can help me find this notion online or somewhere in a store in hawaii please email me at [email protected]

Replies

1. rekha | | #1

It may sound strange but I'm sure you could get the rings at your local plumbing or hardware store. On the other hand if you are a dab hand at DIY you could cut a pipe and sand it to smoothness. Hope this helps

2. SewTruTerry | | #2

I did a quick search on the internet for fabric stores on the Big Island there seems to be a place called Fabric Mart that does bridal you might want to try there.  Also look at home decorater places as they may have what you want.

1. kayl | | #3

I saw silver and gold rings at Walmart today, back in the craft section.  Gilded plastic, flat, looked to be the right diameter -- but no clear ones.

Could you subsitute metal rings or the gilded plastic ones?  Have you called Simplicity's help line to see what they suggest?

3. TeresaM | | #4

I have found various size rings near the draperies/cafe curtains.  Good Luck!

4. User avater
    paddyscar | | #5

You may also try a craft store as plastic rings of this size are used in some macramé projects and to make crocheted buttons; not to mention using them to serve as closures on strapping or belting, so they may also be available in upholstery stores.

Good luck!

5. ixs | | #6

How about some kind of cording you can make into a ring?

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights