Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Sulky 2000 adhesive spray on velvet

cookrose | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I’m doing something I’ve never done before: I’m making that dress on the cover of the latest issue of Threads! in velvet!

I love the idea of using that Sulky 2000 spray to stick the layers of fabric together, as Linda Lee’s article suggests, but having a lot of trouble trusting that the adhesive will dissipate. I would hate for the excitement of my first time sewing velvet to be marred with memories of how I ruined the fabric.

Does anyone have experience using this product? Does it really all go away, eventually?

R. Auten

Replies

1. MaryinColorado | | #1

I haven't used it on velvet that I recall, but it works well and has always lost it adhesive power by the second day in my experience.  The Sulky kk2000.  Try it on a scrap and see what happens first.  Mary

1. User avater
      rodezzy2 | | #2

Good advice, try it on scrap first.

1. cookrose | | #3

Thanks, ladies. I was worried about the velvet keeping its "hand" when the adhesive is supposedly gone. I've experimented a bit and I find tif I mask everything off except for the seam allowance when I spray, my results are fine.

1. User avater
          rodezzy2 | | #4

Good girl, better safe than sorry. 

2. MaryinColorado | | #5

Hope you can post a photo when you are done!  Mary

1. cookrose | | #6

Why, thank you. I will, on my blog! and probably PatternReview.

2. Josefly | | #7

Now that there's a Threads "Readers' Closet" online, it would be nice if you posted a photo here, too, and maybe a link to your blog. :>)

3. cookrose | | #8

I definitely will.Roseana

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights