Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Threads Archive 2023 thumb-drive / Installation not possible

user-2816360 | Posted in Techniques on
After writing three mails to customer service without getting a reply, I’ll try it here.

On Jan. 5th  I received my Threads Archive 2023 on USB. Unfortunately, the installation does not work.

I am on a Mac, Sonoma 14.1, M1, with 137 GB free space on my HD.

I double click the .dmg and drag the „My Taunton Collection“ into my applications file. 
Then I open the application and click on „Import Content“. The import process starts, but then comes to a permanent halt at about the middle. 

I deleted everything and started over, but unfortunately with the same result. 

Can you please help?

Replies

1. user-2345961 | | #1

Are you sure you ordered the Mac version of the thumb drive

1. user-2816360 | | #2

There was just one version of the thumb drive available with system requirements for both Mac and Windows. And I did get a .dmg file.

1. user-2345961 | | #3

On second thought maybe you use it and it stays on the flash drive I had a home Depot flashdrive that you just read off the flash drive

1. user-2816360 | | #4

No, unfortunately that is not possible. The only option the USB-stick offers to me is the installation. I cannot access the content directly.

2. pjsmith | | #5

Similar issue here. Was able to install "My Taunton Collection" app. Errors when I try to add the Threads Magazine .zip file content to the collection. A variety of errors: "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue." , "Sorry but the content you are trying to import is invalid or missing critical components." Very disappointing. Taunton Press, you can do better than this.

1. user-2816360 | | #6

In the meantime I was at least able to extract the magazine .pdf's and store those. Some of them were damaged and therefore not downloadable - 31, 32, 97, 98. So I can browse through the magazines now, but of course no search function this way.
      I cancelled the auto renewal of my subscription (which I had for over 10 years), because it does not feel good to do business with a company who does not have an (active) customer service.

3. BernieRose | | #7

Same problem here. It's very discouraging.

4. kellyty | | #8

I also had problems.

5. User avater
    mrs_dodd | | #9

Yes, I had problems, and I hate the app interface too. I went back to a previous "archive" thumb drive and copied over the PDFs to have, but I cannot access the newer ones. Very disappointed. I know they are trying to prevent sharing of PDFs, but this is terrible.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights