Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Used Viking Interlude 445

vicki_wcc | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Greetings –

I’ve reviewed the previous post and comments about the Viking Interlude 445 – but they were from 2004! 

I am an experienced sewer who’s gotten very sidetracked and haven’t done much for some time.  I collected signatures from wedding guests thinking I’d make a signature quilt for the bride and groom.  I want to scan the signatures and import them to a computerized sewing machine … imagining then – voila!  I know I could be wayyyy off on the voila part. 

I have never used a computerized machine.  Have looked at them from time to time.   I’d like to be able to scan things into my computer, transfer to a jump drive and plug that into my sewing machine.  Is that even possible at any price on any machine?

So I just learned of a Viking Interlude 445 available from a church resale shop for $400.  It appears they are no longer in production, and thus current reviews not available.  Could anyone weigh in – is there a machine that does my “voila” for me that’s affordable?  Or if that voila is not possible on the 445, a decade later, is there a newer machine that I’d be better off with than the 445? 

I think I’ve read that the 445 had a good button hole feature, … that needle threader and thread cutting are desirable innovations but couldn’t tell if the 445 has those.

I look forward to your replies.

Vicki

Replies

1. Pattiann42 | | #1

duplicate

Duplicated

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights