Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

janome 219s jamming thread

atread34 | Posted in Sewing Machines & Sergers on

hi there hope you are all well, so i had just received my course certificate in sewing and i had brought a janome 219s, not only looking at the booklet but i’ve looked online and researched how to thread it properly ect, i can only do a few stitches then it jams, then without touching the bobbin or anything it will suddenly do a few lines of stitches but it will be really lose at the back. (ive googled thread tension settings for this particular machine too and as far as i can see its all on the right setting, i’ve even turned the thread tension right up and makes no difference!)  then its back to jamming again! the thread gets all in a mess just above the bobbin case that i have to take the everything out in the bobbin area to cut all the knots away and im not sure why its doing it? i am fairly a newbie to sewing but i had a really old sewing machine of my mums and was able to use it, but it had to go back. could i ask for any advice as to what i could be doing wrong or do you think it could be a fault of the sewing machine, when i put my foot on the pedal before it gets jammed it makes a funny noise almost like its struggling (motor?) any help would be appreciated as i have sat there in tears because i can’t get it to go!! i’ve got my diploma but cant use it. its so frustrating! apparently its a quite common problem for beginners? if im doing something wrong i just would like to know so i can get on lol x

Replies

1. user-2698071 | | #1

Is there anything keeping you from going back to the place where you got the machine or at least calling them? If your presser foot is in the down position when you thread the machine, the tension disks are closed and your thread will not be seated between the disks. That would definitely result in the kind of problem you are describing as there would be no tension on the thread. Is the needle in correctly? I.e. pushed in as far as it can go before tightening the needle clamp. If neither of these are the problem, I would join a Sewing group on Facebook, and ask on there. You would get many responses and may even find someone who has the same issue as you have with the same sewing machine.

1. atread34 | | #2

hi there thank you for your reply, i sent this machine in question back and my new ones been working fine so it seems like there was some sort of fault with it so im able to get on with my work now thankfully x

2. user-2698071 | | #3

That's great! Thanks for letting us know.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights