Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Pfaff #487 Industrial

tmorris1 | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Hello all;

I have the opportunity to purchase an older Pfaff model #487 industrial at a good price. I am wondering if anyone has worked on one, and what you may have liked or hated about it. Thanks in advance for the info.

T.

Replies

1. KathleenFasanella | | #1

What's a "good price"?

There's very little that can go wrong with these that can't be repaired. I have one, very similar to this. I can't see the motor on this one. I love the new servo motors and put one on mine. This may have one but I can't tell.

You will love sewing on an industrial. Even new ones (with the next generation of electronic motors) cost half what a mid range bernina costs. The only regret you'll have is that you didn't buy one sooner. The stitching is superb. You will need different thread tho.

1. MaryinColorado | | #2

I have been considering one too, for thick layers with threadpainting.  Is there an industrial machine that will take quite a variety of threads?  I would like to use heavier threads in the bobbin, such as Perle Crown Rayon, and embroidery rayon and metallic and poly monofillament thread in the needles.  Mary

2. tmorris1 | | #3

$100.00 is a good price, I think. I have wanted one for quite some time, but this is a deal that I just cannot pass up. Just wanted to know if anyone has had issues with the way the machine works. Thanks for the information.

1. KathleenFasanella | | #4

$100 is an excellent deal. Enjoy!
        kMary, I don't know about using embroidery threads in industrials, sorry.

1. tmorris1 | | #5

Kathleen;I would like to thank you for your time and encouragement. I ended up getting 2 Juki 555-4 industrial lockstitch machines, and an industrial serger for $300.00 (total) after the Pfaff purchase fell through. I am sure that I will be equally happy with these machines, and once again, a pretty good deal overall. Just waiting for them to get here now :) and not too patiently either I might add lolThanks again for the helpT.

1. KathleenFasanella | | #6

wow, that was a bargain! I keep trying to tell people the industrials cost a lot less than home sewing machines. Be sure to keep us posted on your new toys.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights