Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Where to buy 40″ flexible ruler?

WhiteBow | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

The current issue (#129) of Threads has an article on using flexible rulers. The article shows a 40-inch ruler and lists three Web sites that sell flexible rulers, but none of those Web sites actually sell the 40-inch length. Does anyone know where to buy a 40-inch flexible ruler?

Thank you!

White Bow


  1. solosmocker | | #1

    I guess I didn't read that article closely enough. 40 inches! The most I have seen is 18.

  2. mainestitcher | | #2

    I bought my 24" one at Staples, in the drafting aisle.

    1. WhiteBow | | #3

      Specifically, I am looking for a flexibly ruler that is forty inches long. Does anyone know where to buy a forty-inch flexible ruler?

  3. zuwena | | #4

    why not send this query to Amber and see if she can locate a resource or at any rate the one Threads had in mind when it was mentioned. Z

  4. LeslieD | | #5

    You may have found the flexible curve, but here is a link to dressform designing that has one for $25.00.


    Usually, Blick Art Materials (http://www.dickblick.com) has the best prices on flexible rulers/curves. I didn't see a 40" but they have 12 to 32" ones (4.99 to 11.99)

    Good Luck,


    1. WhiteBow | | #6

      Don't pay $35 at dressformdesigning.com! It's ten dollars less here:http://www.conselle.com/store/FittingTools/FittingTools.htmlI got this link from April Mohr at Threads Magazine--thank you April!Christina

      1. LeslieD | | #8

        Wow, thanks White Bow. The Conselle website had a few other things that were interesting too. I took a seminar from one of their associates a couple of years ago. It's nice to have found them again.LeslieD

      2. diday | | #10

        Keep in mind there's a difference between a flexible ruler and a flexible curve, which could explain cost difference. The flexible curve doesn't have markings on it; some use rubber bands to mark where they want beginning and end of measured curve. Karen Howland uses the flexible curve and used to sell them but I don't have a current contact source for her.

  5. liselaure | | #7

    In 2003, I bought my 40" flexible curve $12.43 from AOE Art Supply. It isn't graduated but this price included shipping. It's not on their new website, but maybe they still carry it.


  6. diday | | #9

    The sources listed in the article in Threads #129 for flexible rulers are:

    DressFormDesigning.com (does have 40-inch flexible ruler)

    FlexibleRulers.com (looks like same site as above, has 40-inch)

    JoAnn.com (20-inch design ruler)

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All