Tailoring with Felted Wool, Part 2: How to Sew a Decorative Welt Pocket
In the first part of the Bark Coat project, I shared how I created a tailored coat from wool felt. I even showed you how I designed the tree bark motif on a half-scale and demonstrated how to create what I call a “pounce pattern.” Here, I walk you through my technique for adding a decorative welt pocket on a wool felt coat.
This wool felt “bark coat” needs welt pockets. The standard welt pocket is constructed with more layers than I want for this piece, so I needed to develop a new option that had less bulk.
More tailoring techniques from Kenneth D. King:
• How to Make a Surgeon’s Cuff, Part 1
• How to Make a Surgeon’s Cuff, Part 2
• How to Make a Tailored Collar
• How to Replace a Sleeve Lining
• How to Make a Perfect Notched Lapel
• How to Sew a Catch Stitch
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.