NEW! Threads #183 (February/March 2016)
The February/March 2016 issue hits the newsstand January 5. This Threads issue will show you how to create frayed fabric designs, creatively solve sleeve-fitting problems, do more with twin needles, finish knits, and more.
Don’t miss these insightful extras
- Sewing with a twin needle is an easy way to create beautiful embellishments on garments from even the simplest machine stitches. Learn how to set up your sewing machine to use a twin needle in this all-new video tutorial.
- Many professionals use a tailor’s board to achieve crisp, well-pressed garments. This video will teach you the various ways to use this specialized tool for better pressing.
- Kenneth D. King demonstrates how fitting pants is like fitting a sleeve. Watch the video to learn about his intriguing philosophy.
- Expert Stephani L. Miller shares a wealth of information about historical corset styles.
- Create a unique repair kit for each new garment for quick, no-compromise fixes with this reader-submitted tip.
- In this interesting Q&A, Kenneth D. King explains the mechanics behind the motion of pant legs when sitting down from the perspective of a master tailor.
- Share photos of your handmade garments in our Reader’s Closet gallery and you could be featured in an upcoming issue.
Have you received or picked up a copy of Threads #183? If so, what are your favorite articles or techniques from this issue?
Get the latest including tips, techniques and special offers straight to your inbox.