Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Temporarily fusing underlining

DONNAKAYE | Posted in General Discussion on

Okay, folks.  I’m going crazy here.  I just read (about a week ago) a letter to the editor where the reader said that there was a product that could be used to temporarily fuse underlining to top fabric and then washes away, stabilizing the two layers for easier joining.  I can’t tell you whether this was in a more recent issue or further back.  I’m desperate to find out the name of this stuff and where I can find it.  Help!


  1. jjgg | | #1

    I'm sure any kind of sticky spray (KK2000) would work for this

    1. DONNAKAYE | | #2

      It works moderately well, but I haven't been altogether satisfied, not to mention the mess....but thanks....d.

      1. User avater
        JunkQueen | | #3

        DonnaKaye, here is one that might work: http://tinyurl.com/66rxet

        I suspect a any place that sells quilting supplies would be a good place to start looking.

      2. Josefly | | #4

        Today I was at Hancock Fabrics, and found two adhesive sprays - Sulky makes one called KK2000, and says the bonding disappears in 2 to 5 days, without washing. But it may stain "some silks and exotic fabrics."Another was Sullivan's Quilt Baste Spray, which is removed with laundering.I'm wondering if what you read about was Steam A Seam, which also comes in a "Lite" version. Sandra Betzina recommends this product for use in machine-hemming knits to prevent stretching.Hope you're feeling better. :>)

        Edited 7/20/2008 1:45 am ET by Josefly

        1. DONNAKAYE | | #5

          I'm beginning to think I may have seen it in Vogue Patterns or Sew Easy or some other magazine.....d.

          1. DONNAKAYE | | #6

            Responding to myself, I have found it.  It's called Touch of Gold.

            Here is what I found on a textiles website:

            Touch of Gold is a temporary bond cool-fuse-100 -percent rayon material designed for fabrics which don't like heat such as silk, microfiber, and polyurethane. Use a low temperature to apply and do not press on Teflon ironing board cover as this type of cover causes interfacings to bubble.

            Here is the link:


          2. DONNAKAYE | | #8

            Another that I think I may have read about is called Misty Fuse.  It's used to fuse such fabrics as tulle netting and silk organza and the like, although it's not temporary.   The product manufacturer says that there is a special UV protection in the webbing that prevents the fusing from discoloring over time.

          3. Josefly | | #9

            I'm so glad you found what you're looking for. I've seen the cool-bond fusible before, but didn't realize it is temporary. Does it require washing to remove the bond?

          4. DONNAKAYE | | #10

            From what I understand, it is temporary until laundered or drycleaned, but I'll find out for sure when I get the Touch o' Gold.  Will let everyone know.

        2. DONNAKAYE | | #7

          Thought I'd better re-post this to "ALL."  I've found it.  It's called Touch O' Gold.  I just purchased six yards at $3.95 a yard.  See the previous posting (from me to me) for details.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

View All
View All