Interview with Susan Khalje
BurdaStyle recently sat down with Threads Contributing Editor Susan Khalje to discuss all things couture. A leading expert on the topic, Susan shares her couture sewing insights with blogger Marina von Koenig. Read the interview to learn why she believes couture garments aren't "just for the rich and famous" and why any sewer--with the proper training, time, care, and practice--can sew couture garments. And, as Susan says, "When it all comes together, you feel like a million dollars."
Read the interview at BurdaStyle.com.
Can't get enough couture techniques? Check out these Threads sewing lessons from Susan.
- Learn how to create a minifacing.
- Hand sew understitching.
- Create perfect bias fabric loops.
- Glean insights from a pretty blue coat.
Become a Threads Insider to check out these additional tutorials from Susan. Sign up for a 14-day Free Trial and gain access to these and other great articles exclusively for Insiders only.
- Go inside a designer Chanel-style jacket.
- Make a couture "little black dress."
- Learn how to eliminate separate facings for an elegant edge.
Go to Susan's profile page for a complete list of her online contributions and be sure to read Threads Magazine for the latest articles by Susan.