Sweetheart satin and black tulle dress
This dress was for a client who wanted to model the dress from one she had seen online. I used satin, tulle, and denier fabrics. I also used venice lace which I found through Etsy. I used Mcall pattern M5850 to create the same look as the original dress, but extended the skirt length.
This is a close up of the black venice lace trim sewn onto the tulle. To add a little more stablity I first made a quarter inch hem and then sewed the lace trim over the top of the thread line of that hem.
To creat the illusion that the dress has stripes I folded and tucked the tulle, then prick/tacked it in place.
This is a close up of the front of the dress. After I finished folding the second layer of folding/tucking/tacking of the tulle, I added a third layer over just the middle section. ( the part that layes over the bottom of the breasts then comes up in the middle.
This is a view of the full front of the dress. The belt was black satin ribbon tacked into place to help hide the seam at the waist. The flower is a clip on/pin on. The dress zips in the back. For the lining of the bodice of the dress I used left over satin. For the bottom I choose a 40 denier tricot in matching lavender.
view of the back. There were three main sections of the bodice: front, back left, and back right. The tulle had to be tucked, folded, and pinned so that it could be 1/4" around the piece. Then the tulle could be tacked in the center of the piece.