Get the latest from Threads delivered straight to your inbox.
NEW! Threads #184 (April/May 2016)
The April/May 2016 issue hits the newsstand March 8. This Threads issue will show you how to prep fabric, create fast and easy folded purses, get a better fit on the shoulders, neck, and back, and more.
Don’t miss these insightful extras
- Learn how easy it is to make petersham follow a curve in this informative video. It is a great way to stabilize curved necklines, hems, and waistlines
- In our latest Threads Essential Techniques video, you’ll learn how to straighten fabric grain. This first step in fabric preparation ensures garments that look better and feel more comfortable.
- Cheap garments from thrift stores can help you when a detail seems out of your grasp. Find out what there is to learn by deconstructing a garment.
- If you’re interested in sewing leather bags, you’ll benefit from knowing what the pros recommend you use. Get the answers you need in this expert Q&A.
- Petersham ribbon, a couture mainstay, has many sewing uses and one of them is as an embellishment. It would make a beautiful trim on an garment edge, such as a neckline. Watch this Threads Essential Techniques video to learn how to create this style of pleated trim.
- Share photos of your handmade garments in our Reader’s Closet gallery and you could be featured in an upcoming issue.