Match Stripes and Plaids | Video
In this video from Industry Insider Techniques, Vol. 7, learn to match stripes and plaids over the shoulder, around the circumference of the body, and down the sleeves.
Volume 7 of the Industry Insider Techniques series is separated into 13 videos showing how to match stripes, prints, and plaids; reinforce underarm seams; sew a smooth neckline zipper finish; make precise bound buttonholes, and many more expert techniques.
Louise Cutting shares years of expert experience in this Industry Insider installment. It’s amazing how much you’ll learn as this gifted instructor demonstrates professional techniques, such as fine hand stitching and flawless miters. This level of workmanship is second nature to pros, and now you’ll see how they contribute to the quality of hand-sewn garments—and how to do these techniques yourself.
Topics covered in Industry Insider Techniques, Vol. 7 include:
- Best practices for working with thread
- How to match stripes, prints, and plaids
- Precision bound buttonholes
- What to do when prints lap
- Hidden button plackets
- Perfect sleeveless armholes
- One-dot pocket placement
- A smooth neckline zipper finish
- Easy, flawless miters
- No-fail invisible zippers
- An expert neckline finish
- Reinforcing underarm seams
- Match Stripes and Plaids Perfectly
Every video in Volume 7 will help you to learn to sew like a pro.
The Industry Insider Techniques series is separated into 8 Volumes, each available on DVD and for download at the Taunton Store.