SewStylish Fall 2014 is Here!
Get the latest from Threads delivered straight to your inbox.
The Fall 2014 issue of SewStylish hits newstands August 1, and it has tons of inspiring techniques, patterns, projects, and more. Here’s a quick round up of what you can expect to find inside the Fall 2014 issue.
- No-Fuss Leather. Smart techniques for luxe results.
- Fabric Selection Success. Learn to choose the right materials for the look you want.
web extra: How to Identify Fabrics with a Burn Test
- Sweather-Knit Edges. Finish comfy garments with these bulk-free options.
- Romantic Velvet Skirt. Elastic shirring creates an easy and flattering fit.
- Custom Cover. Dress up your ironing board and add a matching tool caddy.
- Trapeze Bag. A separating zipper closes this roomy, easy-to-sew tote.
- Machine Power. 10 features that make you say “Wow!”
- Press Like a Pro. How to use heat and steam to expertly shape and finish garments.
- Buttonhole Basics. Plan, Stitch, and cut durable closures.
web extra: How to Select the Right Buttonhole for the Job
And of course, you’ll also find our regular departments:
- Cool Tools. Lustrous thimbles, iron magic, and a variety of books.
- Designer Insider. Ready-to-wear, bridal, and pattern design are all in a day’s work for Project Runway winner Leanne Marshall
- Fabric Lab: Fabulous Fringe
- Trend to Technique: Fashion Smocking
web extra: Adjust Your Pattern to Accommodate a Smocked Section
- Couture Know-How: Understitch by Hand
web extra: More Understitching Techniques (coming soon)
- Embellishments: Cinched keyhole opening and faux lace-up placket
- Sewing School: The Kick Pleat
- Fast & Fabulous: Quick Wrap
Don’t forget, you can also preview SewStylish Fall 2014.
Download the Threads Magazine app and read SewStylish on your iPad.
Get your copy of SewStylish 2014 Fall Fashion issue now.